Saturday, June 26, 2010

SAR Genealogical Library in Louisville

A walk down Main Street...

Among my many wanderings around Louisville, I discovered a handful of interesting museums, libraries, and research venues. One which I thought I'd share with readers this week is the National Society of the Sons of the American Revolution Genealogical Library (which is undergoing renovation presently). There was a great amount of construction being done in downtown Louisville, and this was one of those many projects. So if there is anyone out there who is either part of SAR or DAR (Daughters of the American Revolution), or who simply has a passion for genealogical research, come on down to Louisville when this fine facility is finally renovated and open for business. My guess is that it will be in the next year, but double check before you make the trip.





























A few store fronts away, I passed by the Kentucky Museum of Art and Craft--the bronze statue and book I wrote about a few days ago was situated right outside of this museum. I didn't get a chance to stop in here, because it wasn't open that morning yet. But it seemed like another fine addition to the walking and sight-seeing tours of downtown Louisville. And yes, they had some books inside!


No comments:

Post a Comment