Saturday, April 23, 2011

Westsider Rare and Used Book Shop

Another Little Bookshop

Perhaps it's not that small. I was on my way to meet up with some family near Zabar's yesterday, and found myself facing yet another little bookshop. "Little" because of its storefront, which appears small. But actually, it seems to have quite a bit of space. Anyhow, as with other book visits and tours, I thought I'd share this nugget of biblio-joy with you all. It's actually located right across from Zabar's on Broadway, near 81st Street. So, if you're ever in the mood for rare or used book shopping, stop on by the Westsider. There's a nice selection of bargain books usually placed outside. I didn't buy anything, but I did spy some decent items there. Along the street on this block, I've often noticed book vendors, who sometimes shrink-wrap their books in winter, to protect them from the bad weather! So there are always books around this area. Plus you're near both an array of coffee shops and Zabar's, which is always a good thing. Food and books, the next best thing to "just books!"


No comments:

Post a Comment