Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Books at a Tibetan Monastery: Library and Shop


Another Photo-Essay

Greetings Biblio-Readers!  I've been on a long break from this blog, but as we are approaching 2015, I thought it would be good to post at least ONE piece for the blog in 2014.  Indeed, I think it's been more than a year and a half.  I hope that in the coming year, I will post more often, and begin the biblio-adventures once again.  There are, in fact, many different places I'd like to share.  Below, I want to show some images I took more than a year ago, in Woodstock, NY.  I'd visited this site several times, and found a very good book shop dedicated to Buddhist and Tibetan historical materials.  The first time I visited the KTD community was some twenty years ago.  At that time, there were only a few buildings, old homes that had living rooms used (or converted into) for meditation spaces.  In the years since that first visit, when I sat in a room with half a dozen people meditating and a prayer leader, chanting some ancient text, the community has grown, and several larger buildings in the compound have been built.  The community is much larger and more developed, and hosts a number of retreats.  For those interested, please visit Woodstock and check out the riches it has to offer.














No comments:

Post a Comment